WHY WILL THIS MACHINE CHANGE THE FUTURE
OF DIGITAL PRODUCTION
WHAT CAN IT DO?
- Ricoh C7100 print production machine
- Prints at speeds of 80 copies per minute with no slowing down onto card
- Prints onto textured stock in weights of up to 400gsm, never been possible before this machine
- 5th colour, white or clear varnish onto coloured stock - again a first
- Image size 330mm x 700mm
- Constant colour control and monitoring
- Double sided registration within half a millimetre
This machine has a fifth colour which enables us to print onto coloured stock, lay a white block to enable full colour onto coloured stock and produce clear back lit film.
The example is an A3 print of Marilyn Monroe, white onto 330gsm popset black card.
Local supply statement
At Blackfriars we have had a policy of local supply (where possible) and were delighted when Clarity (West Devon) moved into the production print arena 2 years ago. We have now had 3 production print machines from them and the quality of service and attention to detail is the best I have experienced in over 36 years in this industry.
Simon King MD
Ricoh have solved the following problems:-
This technology will change the future of production
- Overheating on a run, which affected previous machines by installing a radiator, so we can maintain high speed runs.
- Best quality on various stock. The machine has a library of over 300 stocks, growing weekly, the machine adjusts for best quality on any tried stock, thus providing the highest quality on a large range of stocks.
- Suction feed like traditional printers, so constant flow of work, which again maintains high speed so promised deadlines will always be met.
- Registration on double sided material. The industry standard is 2mm but this machine works to a tolerance of a half mm. If it goes outside this during a run it will call Ricoh Central and an engineer is dispatched. A great feature as it ensures all double sided work runs accurately and maintains the highest quality.